UK Pre-Departure Tuberculosis Detection Programme
The programme was launched in January 2013 with the purpose to detect the presence of active pulmonary Tuberculosis (TB) among those who wish to apply to travel to the United Kingdom (“the Applicant”).
Screening normally relate to those who intend to stay in the UK for over six months and are emigrant from a country with a high incidence of TB identified by the World Health Organization (WHO). However, the UK immigration authorities may, on occasion, require screening of others seeking permission to travel to the UK.
Registration form and other useful information can be downloaded at the links below. Please fill out all necessary information in the registration form and bring it with you when visiting the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) for your appointment.
- Registration Form of UK Pre-Departure TB Detection
- UK TB Pamphlet
- UK Border Agency: Tuberculosis testing in Nepal
- Applicants aged 11 years and above - USD 55
- Applicants aged below 11 years - USD 23
- Certificate re-issue - USD 12
- Urine Pregnancy Test for female from 12 to 54 years old (if requested) - USD 5
Tel: (00977)-1-44 17 219 or 44 29 599
Address: IOM MHAC, 768/44, Thirbam Sadak, Baluwatar-5, Kathmandu, Nepal
8:00am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday (NB: close on IOM holidays)
Visitors Counter : 6070